How to use Your Planner Consistently
One thing I've learned is that using a planner consistently and with intention will give you better outcomes.
The act of writing things down on paper signals your mind and body that these goals are important and must be achieved over other things that's leading you in a different direction.
Here are few tips that will keep you writing in your planner consistently.
1. Keep your planner open to the current date. If you like your planner to be closed, make sure your space is neat and inviting.
2. Add your appointments, to-do's, priorities, current goals, and the healthy habits your tracking, to name a few.
3. Check your planner daily.
4. Don't stress about filling every line and area with a task or to-do. Your planner should reflect your day and your life. Some days you may write one task, and other days, you'll have five or six tasks to write. It's ok!
5. Leave your planner in a dedicated space such as a desk, kitchen counter/island, office, etc. You should always know where your planner is.
6. If you travel with your planner, keep your pen nearby, preferably attached with a pen holder.
See pen holder here. Utilize functional paper clips and/or bookmarks to find your place quickly.
7. Find a system that works for you such as…
a. Using color pens or highlighters to color code your schedule. See my favorite color coding pens here
b. Use decorative or functional stickers as inspiration or expression.
c. List your to-do's and check them off as you complete them.
d. Prioritize your list so you can work on what's most important, to name a few.
e. Take time to reflect and express gratitude daily. Write down what your grateful daily. It's simple yet powerful.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published