One thing I've learned is that using my planner consistently and with intention gave me better outcomes. Seriously, the act of writing things down on paper signals your mind and body that these goals are important and must be achieved over other things that's leading you in a different direction. Here are few tips that will keep you consistently writing your planner.
1. Keep your planner open to the current date. If you like your planner to be closed, make sure your space is neat and inviting.
2. Write down your appointments, to-do's, priorities, current goals, and the healthy habits your tracking, to name a few.
3. Check your planner daily.
4. Don't stress about filling every line and area with a task or to-do. Your planner should reflect your day and your life. Some days you may write one task, and other days, you'll have twelve tasks to write. It's ok!
5. Leave your planner in a dedicated space such as a desk or kitchen counter/island, office, etc. You should always know where your planner is.
6. If you travel with your planner, keep your pen nearby, preferably attached with a pen holder, and utilize paper clips and bookmarks to find your place quickly.
7. Find a system that works for you such as…
a.Use color pens or highlighters to color code your schedule .
b. Use stickers as inspiration or expression.
c. List your to-do's and check them off as you complete them.
d. Prioritize your list so you can work on what's most important, to name a few.
8. Take time to reflect and express gratitude daily. Write down what your grateful daily. It's simple yet powerful.