It's all about time management and not wasting precious time that's given to us. In order to be successful, the first place to start is your To-Do list.
Best Methods For Creating To-Do Lists
1. Choose Your Platform: Are you a pen and paper kind of person, or do you prefer digital for your list-making and goal setting? Whatever you choose, stick to it, be consistent, and refer to your list daily or weekly.
2. Be Consistent: Decide when you will create your To-Do lists. Morning, evening, weekends, daily, weekly, monthly? Do what's most comfortable and best practice for you.
3. Be Realistic: We have 24 hours in a day, minus the much needed 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night, that only gives us 16 hours to make it happen.
Don't create a list of several significant projects that needs to be completed by weeks end. This will only make you feel defeated if not achieved. (Of course, unless you have a team of people behind you) (wouldn't that be amazing!).
Write down To-Do's that can be accomplished within a day or a couple of days but no more than a week's time.
4. Prioritize: Think about your list and prioritize it. List the top 2 or 3 items that need to be accomplished first. This makes it more achievable, as well as moving you closer to your next goal.
5. Time Factor: Adding times to your To-Do list is a game-changer.
Rather than writing “workout” write “pilates at 7:30 - 8:00 am”
Rather than writing dinner at 6 write “pizza night, order delivery at 5:00”
This added layer of time to your To-Do list makes the task real and relevant.